CDHS Graduation Information:
When: Friday, May 15 @ 8 PM
Where: CDHS Gymnasium
- Parking: handicap sections marked; traffic will be monitored by GC Sheriff and Tusculum Police department
- Doors will open at 6:00 PM.
- Seating for handicap in gym; first come first serve on regular open seating; overflow seating in the auditorium where video will be streaming live.
- Students must be at CDHS Café by 7:00 PM to walk across the stage.
- At 7:30-7:50 PM, final check for attire, robes, caps, cords.
- Dress for students
§ Ladies: dress of appropriate length (no strapless or spaghetti straps) and dress shoes (no tennis shoes or flip flops)
§ Men: dark or khaki dress pants, white collared shirt, dark shoes (no tennis shoes, flip-flops, etc.)
§ Caps are to be worn plain and will be checked.
- During the formal ceremony, please follow the program for appropriate times to stand, be seated, etc.
- This is a Chuckey-Doak High School Graduation event. It is a formal occasion to mark an important time in each student's life. Guidelines:
- No Silly string (damages furniture, paint, and causes a slippery surface for guests-safety issue)
- No air horns, whistles, etc.
- Respectful behavior
- Silence cell phones
- Everyone is expected to stay for the entire ceremony unless it is an emergency.
- As students walk across the stage, families are welcome to come up and take pictures. Students will have a moment as they exit the stage as well. There will be no Life Touch photographer on duty due to no one purchasing pictures in the last year.
- Students will get the actual diplomas after the graduation ceremony is over. Students only, will report to the café to pay any monies owed or resolve other issues that need to be addressed, and then pick up actual diploma.
- CDHS will be open for business Monday, May 18th, from 8-3 for any student who needs to pay monies owed or take pictures.
Thank you for your cooperation in making this a memorable and classic event in the lives of our students. We are very proud of the Senior Class of 2019 and their contributions to CDHS and this community. We look forward to celebrating graduation with you and your family!
Total Credits Required for Greene County Diploma: 28
Math: 4 Credits - At least one math course each year.
English: 4 Credits
Science: 3 Credits
Social Studies: 3 Credits
P.E and Wellness: 2 Credits
Personal Finance: 1 Credit
Foreign Language*: 2 Credits
Fine Arts*: 1 Credit
Elective Focus: 3 Credits
Electives: 5 Credits
*Foreign Language and Fine Art may be waiver for students that do not plan on attend an post-secondary institution.
Credits must be made up in elective focus area.
Honor Graduate/Distinction Requirements
To be completed throughout fall semester of Senior year
In order to earn an Honor’s Diploma, a student must maintain a minimum grade point overage of 3.500 (no rounding) throughout the first semester of their senior year, earn 30 credits, complete a higher level math and science course above the minimum, complete one of the following: two (2) years Honors English, and one (1) AP English or Dual Enrollment English IV, and score at or above all of the subject area readiness benchmarks on the ACT.
Graduation with Distinction