Seniors and Parents
Graduation 2017 Information for Students and
Dates to Remember:
- May 5 Prom at Holiday INN JC 7 PM (seniors do not have to
report to school on this day)
- May 9 National Honors Society Induction Ceremony 5 PM in
Café and Academic Awards Night 6 PM in CDHS Auditorium
- May 11 Talent show 8:15 AM in auditorium and College/Military
service & College Signing Day for seniors 1:30/ FFA Banquet
Café and Auditorium/Greene County Youth Leadership
Graduation 5:30 at Capitol Theater
- May 12 Senior Luncheon with guest speakers (11:30-end of
- May 17 Finals (3rd & 4th periods) and
Baccalaureate at Tusculum College 7 PM in Pioneer Arena
- May 18 Finals (1st & 2nd
- May 19 Graduation practice 9-11 AM & Chuckey and
Doak Elementary Students invited back to respective schools after
practice to celebrate
- May 19 CDHS Graduation 7 PM
When: Friday, May 19 @ 7 PM
Where: CDHS Gymnasium
- Parking: handicap sections marked; traffic will be monitored by
GC Sheriff and Tusculum Police department
- Doors will open at 5:00 PM.
- Seating for handicap in gym; first come first serve on regular
open seating; overflow seating in the auditorium where video will
be streaming live.
- CDHS will sell bottled water from the concession stand for $1
each, and proceeds will go to pay for graduation expenses.
- Students must be at CDHS Café by 6:30 PM to walk across
- At 6:30-6:50 PM, final check for attire, robes, caps, cords.
§ Ladies: dress of appropriate length (no strapless
or spaghetti straps) and dress shoes (no tennis shoes or flip
§ Men: dark or khaki dress pants, white collared
shirt, dark shoes (no tennis shoes, flip-flops, etc.)
§ Caps are to be worn plain and will be checked at
- During the formal ceremony, please follow the program for
appropriate times to stand, be seated, etc.
- This is a Chuckey-Doak High School Graduation event. It is a
formal occasion to mark an important time in each student's life.
- No Silly string (damages furniture, paint, and causes a
slippery surface for guests-safety issue)
- No air horns, whistles, etc.
- Respectful behavior
- Silence cell phones
- Everyone is expected to stay for the entire ceremony unless it
is an emergency.
- As students walk across the stage, families are welcome to come
up and take pictures. Students will have a moment as they exit the
stage as well. There will be no Life Touch photographer on duty due
to no one purchasing pictures in the last year.
- Students will get the actual diplomas after the
graduation ceremony is over. Students only, will
report to the café to pay any monies owed or resolve other
issues that need to be addressed, and then pick up actual
- CDHS will be open for business Monday, May 22-25, from 8-3 for
any student who needs to pay monies owed or take pictures.
Thank you for your
cooperation in making this a memorable and classic event in the
lives of our students. We are very proud of the Senior
Class of 2017 and their contributions to CDHS and this community.
We look forward to celebrating graduation with you and your